Sixty- three query letters sent.  So far, about 13 responses–the usual.  “Not the kind of book we handle,” “not the book I feel I can dedicate time to” and the ubiquitous, “Don’t think I could handle it…but that’s just one opinion.”

So here’s the plan.  I believe there is an agent out there willing to handle this novel, but I am not going to wait on sixty-three responses.  If I haven’t gotten a bite by September 1, I’m going to move to publish it myself.  The book deserves to be published.  It’s good and I’m not going to stick it in a drawer and sigh about lost opportunities.  If the book industry doesn’t want to work with me the easy way, then they can take the hard way.  (Kinks mention right there).