The Loew’s 72nd Street Theater in New York City was the only co-creation of famed theatre architects Thomas Lamb and John Eberson. Atmospheic in look, it was designed to resembled a Siamese temple complete with a lantern over the proscenium and spot-lit joss house that filled the auditorium with fragrant incense. The 72nd was a beautiful place that proved short-lived. It opened in 1932 and was demolished in 1961. Below are the exterior and a shot of the wonderfully ornate auditorium. (Photo from the Cinema Treasures website).